Bringing Long-Term Care Citizen Advocacy Groups together to advocate for responsible public policies and practices that improve the quality of care and the quality of life for individuals needing long-term care services both nationally and in all states.
Promoting and supporting Citizen Advocacy Groups
- Developing new Citizen Advocacy Groups in states that do not currently have them.
- Encouraging high, universal standards relating to services, staffing, individual rights, choices of care, location of care, and other important aspects of long-term care;
- Ensuring strong enforcement and oversight systems on federal and state levels to protect people receiving long-term care services and to assure quality in the delivery of those services
Coalition for Quality Care’s Current Project: Identifying recurring fire and health deficiencies in nursing homes. For state and national lists of nursing homes with deficiencies recurring in each of the past three survey cycles (approximately 3 years) valid March 2016 click here. For the August 2016 report click here.
- To read the LTCCC Report Chronic Deficiencies in Care — February 2017 Click Here
- To read the LTCCC Report The Identification of Resident Harm in Nursing gHome Deficiencies — February 2017 Click Here
- CQC Press Release 9/17/2015: Advocacy Groups call for tougher enforcement after new report shows “chronic” nursing home violators. Click here to read the report.
- CQC Nursing Home Priorities: Improving Nursing Home Care. Click here to read the report.
- CQC Nursing Home Survey: Stakeholder Perspectives on Nursing Home Survey Effectiveness. Click here to read the report.